These eleven statements are the main doctrines that the members, leaders and teachers of Valley Fellowship Church hold in common. While we may charitably disagree on other issues we have agreed to hold these truths in common that we may unite in the mission of pleasing God by bringing people into a life-changing, fully devoted relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:21; Romans 15:4; Isaiah 8:20; Matthew 24:35
- We believe in one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, equal in every divine perfection. Deuteronomy 6:4; John 1:1-14; Romans 9:5; Matthew 28:19; John 4:24
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. Luke 1:26-35; John 1:1-14; John 10:30; Philippians 2:5-8; I Timothy 2:5; Colossians 1:15-19
- We believe than man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed. Genesis 1:27-31; Genesis 2:16-17; Romans 5:12; Psalms 51:5; Romans 3:23; Romans 3:10-18; Ephesians 2:1
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.Matthew 26:28; I Timothy 2:5; I Peter 1:18-19; I Corinthians 15:3-4; II Corinthians 5:21; John 3:16; John 3:36; Romans 3:24-28
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate. I Corinthians 15:14-17; Matthew 28:6; Acts 1:10-11; Hebrews 4:14-15; Romans 8:34; I John 2:1
- We believe in “that Blessed Hope,” the personal return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Titus 2:13; Acts 1:11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 19:11-16
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God. John 16:7-11; Romans 8:9; Titus 3:5-8; John 14:16-17
- We believe that Satan is a spiritual personality, the enemy of God and man, who seeks unlawful dominion through the overthrow of God’s beneficent rule. Genesis 3:1-4; John 8:44; Ephesians 2:2; I Peter 5:8
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost. John 5:28-29; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Philippians 3:20-21; I John 3:2; Revelation 20:11-15; Revelation 21:4-27
Questions? Give us a call at 719-395-2242 or contact us through the form below.